Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The last thing the fish saw was a big red bill


Caspian Tern Point Wilson, originally uploaded by rlw5663.

This photo has consistently ranked as one of the most interesting on Flickr and was the image I had in my mind when I read the wonderful species profile about Caspian Terns in the Sept/Oct BirdWatcher's Digest. Jim McCormac wrote a great article with some wonderful metaphors and comparisons that I found to be original and compelling. He was very gracious in mentioning this blog and the work I do with undergraduates at Willamette University. Birds have a special attraction that brings people together in a novel way. It was a world class turn of events to get to share some insights with the Bird Watcher's Digest readership. Any and all are encouraged to correspond with me directly about this great bird.

No comments: